Thursday, August 24, 2006

Nervous Solution

After the tournament, I finally decided to see a professional about my anxiety. I had an appointment with my nurse practitioner, Jane Sutton, this morning.

I walked in expecting to hear that a daily med like a Paxil would be overkill and an Atavan would leave me too zonked to play, but what I got was more hopeful. I gave Jane the family history and told her about what happened at the shootout, and she was sympathetic. Turns out that her husband plays racquetball at the club, but I've never met him as he only plays nights. Anyway, she wrote me a script for Atavan, smallest dose, and she recommended that I start with a half and get on the court and see how it goes, just as I was planning.

I'm both excited and relieved. The shadow of my anxiety has followed me since childhood, and I finally may have a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home