Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Busy Day

I need to figure out what's up with my sleep patterns. Once again I've fallen asleep on the couch, then trundled up to bed in a semiconscious state only to wake in the middle of the night and have difficulty getting back to sleep. I guess this is a form of insomnia. Tonight I finally decided to get out of bed and write instead of staring at my eyelids.

Busy day. After an abbreviated racquetball I rushed home so that I could take Mom and Dad to the bank so they could open an account. Both the builder and excavator were waiting on checks, so Mom and Dad were expecting to open accounts with a bank check they brought with them, but we learned that Citizen's Bank doesn't allow any activity on accounts with new customers for five business days. And that wasn't the only problem. The only option left was for Mom and Dad to sign the bank check to me and have me pay the contractors, but the bank manager told us that the bank check will take a day to clear, and even then the back room might put a hold on it. As of my writing this at 2:40 a.m., the money still isn't showing up in my account. I've never bounced a check before, and the amounts on these checks weren't small. If they bounce in the morning, people are going to be pissed, and that includes me.

After getting some work done, I went to the town hall to give blood, and while I was there I renewed Misty's dog license and got the building permit. The next time I give remember to remind me not to forget a magazine. I had to borrow a copy of Country Magazine from the Town Clerk's office, and while the pictures were pretty the copy, combined with the waiting, nearly put me in a coma. I got to see Jim Kelly on my way out, though, which was really nice. He remembered my name, bless him, and and we chatted for a bit about the SF convention that starts on Wednesday in LA. He's presenting and up for an award, so I wished him luck. He's not only a good SF writer but a good writer, one who understands the primacy of dialog and the importance of characterization, so I'm hoping he gets more recognition. He mentioned having us up to his house again, so hopefully that will happen.

Oh, I said I was going to talk more about the racquetball tournament this time. I guess insomnia isn't good on the memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home