Sunday, June 04, 2006

Complementary Commentary

We often hear that it's easier the second time around, and it is, especially since you're invulverable as long as a commentary node is running. Having been there before is a big help as well, and changing the difficulty setting to Easy. I was able to run through all of HL2 Episode One in commentary mode today and bless all the folks at Valve because they've stuffed it full. In some areas you'll find three commentary nodes practically on top of each other. As I said with "Lost Coast," very well done, Valve. I'll be referencing these comments for some time, especially those that give insight into the Source Engine's AI system. I thought the commentaries balanced the topics of gameplay and art direction fairly nicely, thought I would have prefered a slightly higher percentage of technical ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home