Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where Were They When?

The day after Stephen Colbert laid the cut straight at the White House Press Corp dinner, I noticed the reaction from the Right and thought, “Now where were they when Imus set President Clinton alight at a similar function (the Radio-Television Correspondents' Association dinner) a few years before?  

And while we’re on the subject, do you remember when gas prices spiked during Clinton’s tenure and truckers massed on Washington D.C., shutting down traffic in the city in protest?  Gas prices today are at least a dollar higher, but I haven’t heard a honk from those truckers.  I wonder why?  Maybe this time, Rush told them that President Bush doesn’t have much influence over the price of oil.  I guess Clinton had super secret powers.

Btw, I would have posted this last night but my laptop kept saying it couldn’t find an AP.  Turns out I accidentally hit a function combo that toggles power to the wifi card off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home