Thursday, May 18, 2006

Previous Mentions

I’m waiting for the export of a large scene to fail, and being large it’s taking its sweet time about it.  Nothing worth writing has come to mind and nothing pissed me off today (yet ... but let’s not lose hope) so let me look back and see what subjects I said I’d return to.  

Ah, I mentioned a while back that I’d talk about how made amends with Steve Egan.  There’s not that much of a story here, no movies that turned my head around.  I’ve known Steve since the second grade, though we haven’t kept in touch as I always have with John.  When I went through my arrogant phase in High School I dumped shite on lots of people, Steve being one of them, and I likely dumped more than usual on him because he was always less intellectual than most of my friends.  Note that he was always smart, in fact he scored higher on his SATs that I did and was always in the advanced math classes that I wasn’t, but his interests weren’t geeky like John’s and mine.  You should have seen how he shoved those SAT scores up my ass.  I actually look back on that moment with fondness because I got what I deserved, and Steve got some of the payback that he deserved.  Months later, and I’m not sure what spurred it in me, I apologized.  Maybe my new relationship with Amanda and the confidence it gave me, or the fact that Steve was about to ship off to West Point.  I dunno, but I looked him in the eyes and it felt good.  He was gracious about it too, which was nice.  

Oh, man, I’ve still got to tell you about “Ultraviolet.”  Not sure I’ll have time as Amanda is working tonight.  If I can I’ll update this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home