Monday, April 02, 2007

Truly Terrible, Terry

If you haven't yet read Terry Jones' (Yes, that Terry Jones. No, the one from Monty Python. No, I didn't know Terry Jones was a tight end for the 49ers. Shutup!) recent piece in The Guardian regarding the treatment of fifteen UK naval personnel I ask that you do so now.




Following is my response which I emailed to Mr. Jones today (not the tight end, the other one):

Dear Mr. Jones,

Regarding your opinion piece in The Guardian of March 31, 2007, I must join you in sharing my outrage at this Iranian hostage situation. As an American, I offer my condolences to the fine British servicemen and women who will likely return home without experiencing electrocution, waterboarding, naked human pyramids, vicious dogs, stress positions or even a good old fashioned beating. Still, I hold hope in my heart that they might slip and fall down a flight of steps, thereby acquiring a memento of their visit. Honestly, I can’t remember a single country I’ve visited in which I haven’t broken at least one bone.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher A. Dellario with a fracture of the tibia, L4 and L5 vertebrae and a severe concussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home