Wednesday, March 07, 2007

More Musings On Dreamfall

It just occurred to me that I've never italicized the title of a game before, at least not that I can remember. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a game title italicized. Why not? They're fictions like novels and deserve the same respect. You can't argue that italics don't convey respect; after all, short stories aren't set off by italics but quotation marks. The italics are saved for the big boys.

Anyway, Dreamfall had me wrapped like a book I couldn't put down. Dreamfall does such a good job of creating compelling characters. You feel for these people. I'm about to talk spoilers, so I'd better go into secret mode. If you haven't played, then don't peek! Huge, "I am your father" spoilers discussed. I love the fact that the climax rested on Faith's calling Zoe to save April, and then we see April killed (presumably). The biggest question is, of course, is April somehow alive? We see her speared through the chest and fall into the swamp, but could she have shifted out? Could her relationship to the Draic Kin have saved her? My money says she's still alive, and that she and Charlie will eventually get together and have a son ... named Kian. According to Wikipedia, evidence suggests that Lady Alvane is April, making Kian her son. And how is Zoe going to wake up? Is Westhouse some big bad? Who or what has Reza become? Please let the sequel come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home