Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Zero Punctuation

Yahtzee! No I didn't just roll all fives (or whatever the hell it is. I've never played the game). Instead I'm referring to Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, the best video game reviewer I've seen yet. It's not just his breathless warp speed delivery and entertaining graphics but far more importantly his insight. This guy nails the good and bad, spot on, every time, and he manages to do so in less time that it takes the flashy intro animation at Gamespot or Gamespy to finish twirling CG thingies at you.

Take, for example, his review of Halo 3. He not only succinctly gets the terrible vehicle AI and campy covenant aliens in but also validates my contention that Bungee stole head crabs from Half-Life to create The Flood.




Mad props, btw, to The Escapist for hiring him. It was already an excellent magazine and his edition makes it that much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home