Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Anger Management (but not the usual kind)

Anger management, at least as I’m always heard it, refers to anger suppression, but I’m wondering how to turn my anger on at will.  

I’ve been thinking about my racquetball game because I’ve plateaued (and we’re not talking the Himalayan.  Somewhere closer to sea level) and I don’t feel that I’m getting any better.  Amanda suggested there’s a punctuated equilibrium situation here, and she might be right, but it just occurred to me that I play better when I’m angry.  Anger causes adrenaline to flow and that greatly ups my reactions times, plus it forces any anxiety or nerves away and allows for greater concentration on the game.  So, how do I turn my anger on like a switch?  An actor (one who followed The Method, anyway) would draw upon an angry emotional memory.  I’ll have to give that try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home